I'm pretty sure I know how to solve this, or at least a fair guess, but I totally lack the skills. I've been trying this for the past hour with gimp but it;s really slow and frustrating because I know squat about image manipulation. Having a cranky 11 month old on my lap isnt helping either. Even typing all this took me 20 minutes.
Here's what I think we need.
1) Get a map of new york city that matches Brandon's maps in size and orientation. Like Tom did here. Putting a grid matching the grid from Brandon's map with the same size, scale and position would be a huge help too (Tried for 30 minutes and can't figure it out.)
2) Take one of the animals we think is right and mark it on the map. Like the Frick Fountain (Toad). Take all the end points we think could be right and mark them too. Like the Bethesda fountain (angel).
3) Overlay each of Brandons maps on the nyc map until you find one where a square lines up with the start,
4) The direction arrow on the map probably tells you the direction to start walking. A would be to the left, etc.
5) Start walking and take turns as defined by the tv episodes on the map you are. Highlight the path you walk on Brandon's map as you go.
Wizards and warriors (G)
Start - Right - Right - Left - Left - End
Knight Rider (F)
Start - Right - Left - Right - Right - Left - Left - End
Battlestar Galactica (C)
Start - Right - Left - Left - Left - LEft - Left - End
Dr Who (A)
Start - Left - Left - Right - Right - Left - Right - End
Once you hit the last turn keep walking straight on the path until you hit an End point.
6) My guess, and it's purely a guess, is that the path you just walked, once looked at is significant. It's a number, or a letter or a constalation or something.
I really, really with I had the skills to pull this off, and I'm going to keep trying, but this will take me all day at this rate.if I don't give up in frustration first.